Have you ever had these thoughts?
• This isn’t fun anymore
• Things are spinning out of control
• There’s only one of me and 4 of you
• I feel like I’m a hamster on a treadmill
• I feel like I’m drowning
• There’s too much to do
• I feel angry all the time
• I always have to pick up the pieces after everyone else
During these times, it feels like mothering is a mess. For me, those thoughts would make me behave poorly:
• I would be so crabby a wrong look from a child would set me off
• My husband would irritate me by just standing there
• This might be a week when I have given the kids baths in the kiddy pool all week
• Most likely, we’ve had chicken nuggets and fries for the last 5 nights for dinner
When I get this way, there is a mean-ness in my spirit. I just didn’t want to give anything else to anyone else because I had nothing else to give.
Instead, I would want to be left alone. Or I would want to have chocolate. Or, I would want to be left alone WITH some chocolate.
Sooner or later, every mom falls into this ditch. But it's not the end of the road. There are satisfying solutions for you to grow into better times for you and your family.
Come learn what to do ... When mothering is a mess.