To make your life at home much easier and less stressful, there are some easy home makeover tips that you can take on board to achieve that.
It might sound silly but there might be certain features in your home that aren’t fulfilling or making your life as easy as it can be.
Hence, here are the best ideas to help you transform your home into a space that will make your life easier and more convenient.
Furniture Living Room Modern – Free photo on Pixabay
The bathroom is a room that you will spend a lot of time in. Although you might think of it as a room that you spend little time in, you probably use it just as much as your kitchen or dining room. You will likely use it to get ready, wash, and more. Hence, you likely spend hours in your bathroom without realizing it every single week.
Hence, it is a great room to begin with when it comes to tweaks to make your everyday life easier.
A great option is to transform your wash area. If you have a difficult shower or small bathtub, then you could consider adding a walk in shower to make your bathroom feel much more convenient and simplistic. You won’t have to faff around climbing into the shower. It will make the room feel more relaxing and easy to use. Hence, it will make your living situation and daily routine much less stressful.
Other bathroom features that can make your life easier include:
- A bin. So that you don’t have to go downstairs to dispose of cotton buds and more, add a small bin to your bathroom.
- A towel warmer. Getting out of a hot shower and climbing onto a cold floor is never fun. Hence, consider adding a heated towel rack so that you can enjoy a toasty towel when you get out of the shower.
- A demister. Sometimes you will want to hop out of a steamy shower and start getting ready. But, you won’t be able to if the bathroom is steamy. Although you can open the window, it might be cold and, therefore, not the best answer. Hence, buying a demister will help you de-steam the bathroom quicker.
- Double sinks. If you often fight over the bathroom sink, then why not add a double sink so that you have your own space?
If you are someone that hates clutter and never knows how to display things in the right, then floating shelves are a great answer.
They can be a life-changing home update that is so simple yet so effective. You will no longer need to worry about finding a small for your books or decorative pieces. Instead, you can display them nicely on your shelves and no longer need to worry about clutter.
The entryway setup
The entryway to your home is a space that should always be convenient. If you lack somewhere comfortable to put on your shoes or somewhere to store your keys, then leaving and arriving home will never feel easy.
You should consider getting a small table to store your keys, bag, and more so that you can easily grab them and replace them when you are in and out. To enhance the convenience of your entryway even further, a small seat is a great idea so that you can have somewhere to sit to take on and put on your shoes.
Remote control lights
Getting up to switch the lights on and off can sometimes be a nuisance, especially if you have just got comfortable.
Hence, installing remote control lights is a great option so that you can switch them or change their color when you are sitting down. You will no longer need to worry about getting cold when you uncover yourself from the blanket. Instead, you can stay warm and change them from where you are sitting.
Soft-closing doors and cabinets
Slamming doors in the house can be noisy and also cause the house to shake. Hence, you might risk something falling off of your new floating shelf if you slam the door too hard.
To avoid these issues, it is a good idea to install soft-closing doors and cabinets. These will shut on their own when you give them a gentle nudge. These mechanisms can be used for all doors and cabinets around the home.
Kitchen convenience is often a homeowner’s top priority. Being able to use one tool for multiple things will guarantee to make everyone’s life easier. Whether you are a keen cook or not, adding an all-in-one device like a grill is a great way to make your home life easier.
You can use this tool to grill your bacon, make your toast perfectly crunchy, and reheat your grilled toastie. They are a great addition to any kitchen.
Two-in-one washing machine
Speaking of an easier time doing household chores, a two-in-one washing machine is a great idea for anyone that lacks space for a drier. These machines are great at washing and drying your clothes all in one place. You don’t even have to take the washing out of the machine to dry it. Plus, you won’t have to worry about hanging it out.
You can simply wash your clothes and dry them all in one place, which will take some stress out of your everyday chores.
Should you like the idea of arriving home to a cool or warm place, then you will benefit from installing phone-controlled thermostats. This will help you control your heating/AC when you are away from home. You could be driving back on a dark cold night and switch on the heating from your office. Once you get home, it will be warm and welcoming.
Being able to control your heating/AC from your phone won’t cost you more money. Instead, it will make your life easier.
Clothes storage system
Whether or not you have the space for a wardrobe room or closet, it will make your life easier if you have a clothes storage system. Anything that makes your clothes organized and easy to sort through will make your life a lot easier. Instead of pulling every item out of your cabinet for a certain top, you can enjoy finding things easily.
Although the clothes storage system will be down to you to maintain, some simple ideas include:
- Dedicated garment drawers. Instead of piling random things into a drawer, it will help if you have dedicated drawers for each type of garment. Hence, have a drawer for tops and a separate one for jumpers.
- Lights in the wardrobe. Installing lights into the wardrobe isn’t a costly tweak. You can purchase affordable lights that will help you find things in your wardrobe when it is dark.
- Hang clothes in color/garment order. When it comes to organizing the wardrobe, it will help to hang clothes in a specific order. This could be in color order or in the order of the garment use. For instance, you could make your wardrobe look like a rainbow and know where to look when you want to wear your red blazer. Or, you could hang your clothes in an order where each section is a different type of garment. For instance, you could hang your blazers in one section and follow them on with a selection of heavier jackets. Having any order will make your life a lot easier.
Ensure to maintain this system so that you don’t make your life stressful again.