It doesn’t matter how many stories your home has, it’s very likely that you have a loft at the top. Right now, it’s probably stuffed full of mementoes and boxes of old photographs and years of clutter. It doesn’t have to be, though, especially as you may well be on track to renovate this year. One of the spaces in the home that you should consider renovating is the loft space, and there are plenty of ways that you can do that.
Some people choose to renovate their homes and add an extra bathroom or suite, and others choose to renovate just to be able to have a better storage space. There are plenty of things that you can do with a loft space, including calling in a spray foam insulation company to double up and make sure that your house is warmer. This is a must when you are going to do up the loft, as you want it to be just as cozy as the rest of the house. So, what are the best reasons to renovate the loft? We’ve got five of them!
- Value increase. Your home may not be on the market right now, but one day you may decide to sell it and you’re going to need to do what you can to make it more valuable. Converting the loft is going to add significant value to the house, making the money that you spend on the conversion worth every single penny. Adding a bathroom will add far more value than a bedroom, as more people look for the extra bathroom rather than the extra bedroom. The right loft conversion will add value of course, and you should add a ladder so that people can get up there!
- Using the space. You’re spending all this money on your house, and that means that you need to utilize every inch of space in there! If you’re looking for the benefits of converting a loft, using the space is the best way to do it. It can be a studio or an office, a play space or more!
- New perspective. You get a brand new view with a window in your new loft conversion. Whether you are going to see the new view out the back of the house or you install a skylight, you will have a new view to enjoy. You’ll also add way more light and if it turns out to be a bedroom, you can see the stars while you’re chilling out in bed.
- It’s energy efficient. As the heat rises in the house, you won’t need to install central heating in the loft. You can bet that the heat from the house through the day will warm it up nicely. It should also be cooler in the summer and warm in the winter, so get the contractors to add the insulation to the room to make sure that it stays that way.
- You won’t have to move. When you create more space for yourself, you avoid moving to a new home entirely. If the only reason that you are considering moving out is a lack of space, you have the chance to create it this way!