Do your kids love Legos? Mine did. Christmas was a perfect time to add to their collection. I want to share some of the exciting newer sets to give you some Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids.
Yes, we all hate picking them up. Yes, we have all stepped on Legos and perhaps uttered something we shouldn’t utter. But there is no doubt that kids love Legos.
I am at the other end of the spectrum now. This summer at the annual Two Sisters Garage Sale Extravaganza (something my sister and I do once a year) I sold a huge tub of combined, mis-matched Legos. There were pieces of lots of memories in there. (My kids weren’t the type to build something and then want to preserve it intact forever. They built and smashed – hence the tub of mixed bliss.) A schoolteacher bought the tub to use with its students. I was happy to see the durability and usefulness of all the Legos we purchased over the years will live on!
Hope you enjoy my selections of Lego Love!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through this site, I receive a commission and you will be supporting this work.
LEGO City Police 60047 Police Station
The LEGO City Police Station is the perfect toy for kids who love playing cops and robbers. It features all the figures, buildings and vehicles necessary to pull of heists, jailbreaks, high speed chases and more. With over 800 pieces, 8 mini figures, 3 buildable locations and 4 vehicles, it’s one of the larger LEGO sets you can buy and has a huge number of play options
- Recommended Ages = 6 to 12 years old
- Total Pieces = 854
8 mini figures which include:
- 3 police men mini figures
- 1 police woman mini figure
- 3 crook mini figures
- 1 police dog mini figure
Buildable locations which include:
- 1 buildable police station (which measures 12 inches x 17 inches x 6 inches)
- 1 buildable control tower
- 1 buildable garage
Buildable location accessories which include:
- 2 jail cells
- 2 surveillance cameras
- 1 helipad
- 1 lifting barrier
- 1 radar dish
- 1 roof hatch
- 1 toilet
- 1 bed
Vehicles which include:
- 1 police car (which measures 1 inch x 4 inches x 1 inch)
- 1 police motorbike (which measures 2 inches x 2 inches x 1 inch)
- 1 helicopter with two side compartments (which measures 3 inches x 7 inches x 1 inch)
- 1 crook’s tow truck with a grappling hook (which measures 2 inches x 4 inches x 1 inch)
Accessories which include:
- 4 handcuffs
- 3 coffee mugs
- 3 walkie talkies
- 2 balls and chains
- 2 bank notes
- 2 crowbars
- 1 back pack
- 1 flashlight
- 1 laptop
- 1 megaphone
- 1 pair of binoculars
- Lots Of Pieces: One of the best things about the LEGO City Police Station is the huge number of pieces. Each buildable structure contains lots of detail and your child will have hours of fun building up the different locations and vehicles, and watching them come together piece by piece.
- Versatile: Another great thing about the LEGO City Police Station is the sheer amount of play scenarios it gives your child. Crooks can escape through the jail window, through a roof hatch or via a secret escape route through the toilets. Additionally, the vehicles can be used to setup high speed chase scenarios and the 20+ accessories can be used to stimulate arrests, interrogations and more.
- Detailed Instructions: As with all LEGO products, the LEGO City Police Station comes with a set of high quality, easy to follow instructions. These instructions provide your child with all the guidance they need as they build up the set and are a great companion to the main toy.
Things To Consider
- No Base Included: One minor flaw with the LEGO City Police Station is that it doesn’t come with a base panel. So, if you’re planning to move this toy around once it’s completed, you’ll have to make sure your child builds the locations on top of a makeshift base such as a tray.
- Expensive: At close to $100, the LEGO City Police Station is one of the more expensive LEGO sets. The large number of parts do compensate for this high cost but if you’re on a budget, it may be out of your price range.
The LEGO City Police Station is one of the most expansive LEGO playsets you can buy for your little one. There’s so much that can be done with this playset and your child will love coming back to it time and time again to create new scenarios where the cops and robbers battle it out. Even with the high price tag, the LEGO City Police Station represents excellent value for money.
LEGO Disney Princess Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle
This LEGO Disney Princess Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle is the perfect toy for fans of Frozen. It features 3 of the main characters from the film, a perfect LEGO replica of Princess Elsa’s castle and lots of cool accessories. Your kids will have lots of fun exploring all the details of the castle, making the characters interact and using the accessories to create multiple play scenes.
- Recommended Ages = 6 to 12 years old
- Total Pieces = 292
Princess Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle measures 9 inches x 7 inches x 4 inches and includes:
- 1 bed
- 1 ice cream bar
- 1 ice hill
- 1 icicle tree
- 1 secret staircase
- 1 sleigh (which measures 2 inches x 1 inch x 1 inch)
3 mini figures which include:
- Queen Elsa
- Princess Anna
- Olaf The Snowman
- 2 capes
- 1 carrot nose
- 1 hair bow
- 1 pair of ice skates
- 1 pair of skis
- 1 tiara
- Decorative stickers
- Glittery wall elements
- Beautiful Design: One thing that instantly stands out with the LEGO Disney Princess Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle is its dazzling design. The stickers, wall elements and well-designed mini figures perfectly replicate the look and feel of both the ice castle and the characters from Frozen. The accessories the characters use and the different rooms in the castle from the Frozen movie are all here and create a wonderful play experience for fans.
- Lots Of Play Options: Another great thing about the LEGO Disney Princess Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle is the range of play options. There are lots of rooms inside the castle and lots of cool features your kids can play with, including a secret staircase which glides into position. There are also plenty of accessories that can be used inside and outside the castle to create endless play scenarios and replicate lots of scenes from the movie.
- Frozen Branding: As mentioned throughout this review, this LEGO Disney Princess Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle is sure to be a hit with fans of Frozen. Your kids will love being able to interact with Queen Elsa, Princess Anna and Olaf The Snowman directly and will enjoy being able to experience the magic of Disney through LEGO.
Things To Consider
Doesn’t Include All The Frozen Characters: One thing to be aware of before buying the LEGO Disney Princess Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle is that Kristoff and Sven aren’t part of this set. While your children will still love getting to play with Olaf, Elsa and Anna, hardcore Frozen fans may be disappointed that the whole gang aren’t included.
The LEGO Disney Princess Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle is one of the most beautiful playsets offered by this company. While it would have been nice to see all the Frozen characters included in the set, it’s still a great buy and something that kids who love Frozen will treasure for a very long time.
LEGO Minecraft The Farm
The LEGO Minecraft The Farm playset allows your child to keep enjoying the atmosphere of this videogame when they’re away from the computer. It features a buildable farm, Steve and lots of other characters and accessories from the Minecraft universe. With crops to yield, animals to raise and a skeleton to defend against, this LEGO Minecraft The Farm playset is sure to please any child who loves the Minecraft series.
- Recommended Ages = 8 years and older
- Total Pieces = 262
Buildable Minecraft Farm which measures 4 inches x 10 inches x 6 inches
4 mini figures which include:
- 1 Steve mini figure with an accessory
- 1 skeleton mini figure
- 1 cow mini figure
- 1 sheep mini figure
Accessories which include:
- 2 torches
- 1 chest
- 1 skeleton’s bow
- 1 shovel
- 1 sugar cane
- 1 tree
- 1 waterfall
- Premature and mature wheat
- Minecraft Branding: One of the main reasons to buy this LEGO Minecraft The Farm playset is its source material. Kids who love the videogame Minecraft will be instantly drawn to this LEGO set and enjoy getting to build, explore and play in the Minecraft world off-screen. They’ll enjoy seeing familiar Minecraft characters such as Steve and the Skeleton and have hours of fun recreating scenes and activities from the video game with this LEGO set.
- Multiple Build Options: Another great thing about the LEGO Minecraft The Farm playset is that there are lots of different ways your child can build it, all of which are showcased in the detailed visual instructions. This gives the set plenty of longevity as it allows your child to keep building consistently and create lots of new Minecraft inspired play scenarios
- Low Price: The LEGO Minecraft The Farm playset is very affordable and costs less than $30. It’s perfect if you’re on a budget and only have a limited amount to spend on toys.
Things To Consider
- Stability: One thing to be aware of before buying the LEGO Minecraft The Farm playset is that the farm and waterfall disconnect from each other quite easily. So, if you’re planning to move the playset around once it’s been built, get your child to build it on top of a tray or another stable surface that allows you to move it without the sections falling apart.
The LEGO Minecraft The Farm playset is lots of fun and definitely worth checking out if your little ones enjoy Minecraft. The set has plenty of detail, plenty of different play options and will keep fans of Minecraft happy for a very long time.
LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon 75105 Building Kit
The LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit is an excellent toy for kids who are excited about the upcoming Star Wars trilogy and adults with fond memories of the original Star Wars movies. This highly detailed LEGO replica of the iconic Millennium Falcon includes all the features you know and love from the movies. It also comes with the classic Star Wars characters Han Solo and Chewbacca plus additional characters from the upcoming movie – Star Wars: The Force.
Buildable Millennium Falcon measures 5 inches x 18 inches x 12 inches, and includes:
- Detachable cockpit with space for two mini figures
- Detailed internal hyperdrive
- Dual spring loaded shooters
- Entrance hatch
- Main hold with seating area and holochess board
- Rotating top and bottom laser turrets with a hatch and space for one mini figure
- Secret compartment
- Sensor dish
- Storage area for the spring loaded shooter ammo
7 mini figures including:
- 1 Han Solo mini figure
- 1 Chewbacca mini figure
- 1 Rey mini figure
- 1 Finn mini figure
- 1 Tasu Leech mini figure
- 1 BB-8 Astromech Droid mini figure
- 1 Kanjiklub gang member
- Gang rifle
- Gang pistol
- Star Wars Branding: One of the main reasons to buy the LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit is that it allows you or your children to experience a piece of the Star Wars universe from the comfort of your own home. The design, characters and feel of this set, perfectly replicate this iconic space vehicle and will provide Star Wars fans with endless entertainment.
- Huge Set: The LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit contains over 1,000 pieces which makes it one of the largest LEGO sets available. Building this set from scratch will provide you and your kids with hours of fun and you’ll get an amazing sense of achievement as you witness the Millennium Falcon coming together.
- Attention To Detail: As mentioned at the beginning of this review, the LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit is incredibly detailed. All the features of the Millennium Falcon that you recognize from the Star Wars movies are here, including the cockpit, entrance hatch, internal hyperdrive and holochess board. This level detail allows you and your children to recreate all your favorite on-screen Millennium Falcon moments or get creative and come up with endless new play scenarios.
Things To Consider
- Small Cockpit: One minor flaw with the LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit is that the cockpit is quite compact. While it can fit Han Solo and Chewie inside if you position them just right, you really have to squeeze and adjust to get them in.
- Expensive: Another thing to consider before buying the LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit is the $150 price tag. While this is great value for money when you consider the number of pieces this set includes and the level of detail, it is one of the more expensive LEGO sets on the market.
The LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit is a dream come true for both Star Wars fans and LEGO fans. The way this set captures the look and feel of the Millennium Falcon will instantly appeal to anyone who loves Star Wars, and the sheer size and scale of the set will keep even the keenest LEGO fans building for hours. If you can afford the $150 price tag of the LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit, it’s well worth the investment.
LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box
The LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box is a great starter set for introducing your children to LEGO. It’s also perfect for creative LEGO enthusiasts who love to build up their projects from scratch. The box includes bricks, tires, wheel rims and more, and can be used to build endless LEGO structures. The only limit is your child’s imagination.
- A wide range of LEGO bricks in 35 different colors
- 18 tires
- 18 wheel rims
- 1 window with frame
- 3 sets of eyes
- 1 green 3 inch by 6 inch base plate
- 1 plastic storage box
- Versatile: One of the best things about the LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box is its range of building options. It can be used to create buildings, characters, vehicles and more. Not only is it lots of fun to play with but it’s also a great tool for encouraging your kids to exercise their creativity.
- Brick Separator: If you’ve used LEGO before, you’ve probably experienced the frustration of 2 thin LEGO blocks being locked together and being unable to separate them with your fingers. The LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box includes an ingenious brick separator tool which solves this common problem by allowing the LEGO blocks to be easily levered apart.
- Detailed Instruction Booklet: Another cool thing about the LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box is that it comes with a high quality instruction booklet that’s full of creative LEGO building ideas that can be completed using this set. The set also comes with links to additional online building instructions that your child can use for further inspiration once they’ve finished going through all the ideas in the booklet.
Things To Consider
- No LEGO Figures: One area where the LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box could be improved is LEGO figures. While you can create characters using the LEGO blocks in the set, it doesn’t actually include any traditional LEGO figures. So, if you decide to buy this set, make sure you grab a set of LEGO figures to go with it.
If your child loves LEGO or simply loves creating, the LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box will be perfect for them. The sheer volume of things you can build will keep them entertained for a long time and they’ll get lots of value from this set.
Legos of all kinds are a classic toy that your child will spend countless hours building and configuring. They are quality made and are often passed down from one generation to another. These truly are Christmas gifts you can feel good about.